Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Words About: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer


I enjoyed the last two books of this series to get me here to the third. This book however, was probably the one I enjoyed the least.

Again, Ms Meyer spends a long time building up to her dramatic events, only for them to be over in a heart beat. I find it such a long slog as I wade along with the storyline and when I am faithful right to the crux, I feel let down at the end...I kind of get the impression that if I'm feeling this, as a reader, then what must it be like if you are writing it? Ms Meyer was probably over it herself, by the time she actually made it to the exciting part, but just didn't have the stamina to deliver.

I particularly did not enjoy the triangle between Jacob, Bella and Edward. I found parts of this quite distasteful. There were many times when I did not particularly like Bella and again, I found her annoyingly whiny.

However, I persisted and found there is plenty in this book to keep me reading on. I'm looking forward to the last book in the series...will she, or won't she? ( )

No comments:

Post a Comment