Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Words About: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer


I feel satisfied that I made it all the way through this series. Breaking Dawn was very long and mostly enjoyable. Ms Meyer does have the ability to keep the reader reading. Ms Meyer has employed many interesting and varied concepts throughout her work and this last book is full of them.

I am totally unfamiliar with the folk lore surrounding vampires, werewolves, etc, so I am not sure where Ms Meyer gets all her inspiration from, but never in a million years would I be able to conjure up some of what she has managed to do.

I found the ending very 'soft touched' and bland, but ... did I really want to 'lose' any of the important characters??? Really??? So, I guess, it has a 'satisfying and comfortable ending.

I think the writing in this book has very much improved along with the journey. It's funny how we really lose touch with all of the townsfolk in the final books. I wonder where they all went? They obviously weren't that important...and Renée??? Where for art tho, Renée?

Overall, I am glad I stayed with these books till the end...am I changed by them? I can't feel that I am, but was I entertained? Yes, I was entertained, so for that, I am grateful.

happy reading... ( )

No comments:

Post a Comment