Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brisbane Writers Festival - September 7 - 11th


I have attended the Brisbane Writers Festival now for the past eight years or so and I am never disappointed. I am looking forward to clocking up another year, to stroll around Brisbane's beautiful icon, The State Library and its gardens to check out this year's line up of talented authors.

For those of you still coming down from MasterChef, the menu of authors and sessions is already out. I am an early bird and have studied the gourmet selections and have booked in my workshops and the sessions I wish to attend. You can tell I am writing this at lunch time and have food on my mind. I'm sure those of you who enjoy your culinary delights would be interested to know that some foodie authors will be in attendance. Click on the link to find out more.

http://www.brisbanewritersfestival.com.au/default.asp?pageID=73&CatID=51

This year again, I will be accompanying a school group of enthusiastic readers and writers. My colleagues and I always get excited at this time of year. We love going on outings with our students, especially with the line up of talented children's authors to select from. This year sees Emily Rodda, James Joy, James Phelan, Belinda Jeffrey, Tristan Bancks and Wendy Orr, to name but a few. If these names don't whet your appetite...well...what can I say?

I'm booked into Wendy Orr's session and looking forward to sharpening my skills for writing for young readers. Click on the link to discover more.

http://www.brisbanewritersfestival.com.au/default.asp?pageID=73&CatID=47

Another workshop I'm excited to be attending is Writing Romance that Sells with popular panelists, Christina Brooke and Anna Campbell. Hopefully their hints and tips will help steam up pages of my novel in progress.

There are many & varied workshops this year to choose from, but to find one that suits you...Click on the link.

http://www.brisbanewritersfestival.com.au/default.asp?pageID=73&CatID=66

I know I am excited to be attending what's become my annual pilgrimage. Maybe I'll see some of you while I'm there.

So, for a festival of storytelling...here is the official Brisbane Writers Festival website to check out all the action for yourself.

http://www.brisbanewritersfestival.com.au/

till next time...
happy reading & writing




No comments:

Post a Comment